In this article, we would like to share our insights, analysis, and ways how Clutch and DesignRush helped us with the promo.
Last year was crazy for everyone, isn’t it? Covid pandemics covered all countries. Probably there is no family who doesn’t have a friend of a friend who had Covid-19. The same happened with companies, plenty of businesses were in need to shift to remote work and restructure internal work. Change or survive. That’s what happened with You are launched too.
In February 2020, we were in need of changing the office, and in March everyone already shifted to remote work. Our landlord made a nice discount due to pandemic and provided us with 30% discount. We had such a discount for 3 months and later on it returned to the original price. Meanwhile, we already fully shifted to remote work, and all our team members were after such a format. Sure, you can sleep longer, you can just use a time tracker to show your work, and you don’t need to spend a lot of time in a traffic jam.
So, we decided to change our workflow to remote complete remote work. It is much more easier and comfortable to book a room in co-working once a week to have team meetings and that’s it. You can save a lot of time every day and money on renting. And the main point, is that these funds connected into team bonuses & marketing. That’s what we did.
So, since July 2021, we started to get in contact with Listing Services such as Clutch, G2, DesignRush, GoodFirms, and others. We just shared some of our expertise, works, and here is the result we could get:
– +10 5-star reviews in total in half a year.
– Become featured on Clutch as Top App Developers in Ukraine 2021;
– Become featured on DesignRush as Top App Development Companies in 2021;
Why are we using Clutch and DesignRush?
These 2 directories are some that we are targeting on and here are why:
- both of them provide really good reference traffic;
- both of them provide with a possibility to have guest posting with Do-Follow links;
but DesignRush can make you Featured without any “Sponsorship” and that’s what worked for us too.
- The good point regarding Clutch is that they have incorporated it with The Manifest & VisualObjects. So getting high in rating on Clutch you have a great chance to be listed on these websites too.
- The great point of Design Rush is that they provide great PR services. They are in touch with PR Newswire that has regularly published releases of top companies. What is more, you easily can get to Market Insider, Yahoo Finances, and others. So, you have an easy flow to get backlinks from Top Rated Websites.
- Another great stuff we experienced, is that the Clutch review process is very detailed. If you want to see “Verified review”, your client would need to share the contract and at least several Invoices as proof of the deal.
- As for DesignRush, you need to describe your team members in your profile. This gives you some extra points in the listing, so “just marketing” won’t help to get to the top.
Small result from Clutch and DesignRush
Such a marketing approach allowed us to attract more cool startup ideas and now we have 5 open positions:
– 2 iOS developer (Swift with SwiftUI experience);
– Web developer (React with TypeScript experience);
– Server Side developer (Ruby, Ruby on Rails, with AWS experience).
– Project/Product Manager.
So, if you are looking for a new opportunity, cool startup ideas to work on, and forget about “just do guys”, feel free to contact us below.
We are sharing this article to show you how even a Covid case can open you a lot of opportunities and how marketing is important for any company or a startup. Just like in a John C. Maxwell book: “Sometimes You Win-Sometimes You Learn”.
We wish you to stay motivated, believe in yourself, and keep fighting as 2021 just started and there will be plenty of issues to solve and plenty of lost challenges. Just keep fighting. Just how Ben Horowitz wrote in his own book:
There’s no recipe for building a high-tech company; no recipe for leading a group of people out of trouble; there’s no recipe for making a series of hit songs; you won’t be able to find recipe for playing NFL quarterback; there’s no recipe for running for president, and there’s no recipe for motivating teams when your business has turned to crap. That’s the hard thing about hard things—there is no formula for dealing with them.Ben Horowitz at “The Hard Things About Hard Things”
p.s. Once we’ve published Clutch and DesignRush article, GoodFirms representatives reached us and asked to place the Guest Posting article. As it was about us, sure we agreed to. Check it here.
Would be pleased to hear your insights to add to our Clutch and DesignRush article. Feel free to reach us directly.
Need a little extra help? You Are Launched is here to support you
You Are Launched has been working with lean startups, accelerators, and venture capital companies since 2014.
Our team of specialists has the experience and expertise you need to help get your startup up and running. We can help you choose the monetization model (or models) that best suit your business needs. Feel free to contact us.